Our program and what to expect:
Core Strength's Intensive Outpatient Program is a group therapy program for adults 18yrs and older needing a structured therapy program offering counseling and education in a group setting.
We offer day & evening group options that meet three times per week, three hours per session. Our IOP program incorporates medication management appointments and we keep group sizes small allowing for an intimate environment and more individualized treatment. Our program provides a high level of clinical and evidence based care in a safe and judgement-free environment.
- Helping individuals develop social skills that may have previously been lacking. In some cases, a lack of social skills can lead to self-isolation, depression, and even substance abuse.
- Providing examples of other people who are further along in their recoveries. These in-person examples can serve as inspiration and proof that positive behavioral change is possible.
- Allows the opportunity to interact with others who understand their challenges.
- Group therapy sessions provide a supportive and judgment-free environment for people to discuss their struggles with others.
Therapeutic modalities & group topics include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Mindfulness training
- Stress management
- Coping with feelings & emotion
- Relaxation training
- Relapse prevention
- Healthy communication and boundaries
- Self-awareness & self-esteem
- Developing coping skills
- Building positive support
- Assertiveness training
- Anger management
- and more...
With accessibility in mind, we continue to offer our services both in-person and via telehealth.